Went to the fair this past weekend with some friends, had a great time...I actually rode some rides, go me! :) My face is peeling now from the "extra" sun I got while at the fair...saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while, which was cool...going to the fair as a "single" person is not cheap, let me tell you- I've become spoiled, used to not having to spend my own money. :)
Funny how things change with time...your perceptions of people, places and things...some friendships grow stronger, others fade...a person you've known for years changes, becomes someone you no longer really recognize...some remain constant and steadfast in your life, while others come and go...I used to get so annoyed- still do at times, I guess- with my dad when he resisted changes in my life, my family's life- me growing up, wanting to go places and do things, date and hang out with friends more...yet as more things happen in my life to cause change, I realize more and more that I'm just like my dad, resistant to change. I think everybody is resistant to it to an extent, some more resistant than others...I only want certain things to change, not everything...I wish I could be more in control of the things happening in my life, but I know I can't be. God's in control...even when I wish I could control things, I know I need to hand it over to Him if I ever want to get anywhere good...God's got a plan for me, and I know there's a reason (or more than one) why everything is happening the way it is. Until I figure it out- if I ever do- I have to wait on Him, have patience and ask Him to give me strength to go through each day. I can face anything with God on my side. :) Prayer...always prayer.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." ~Phil. 4:13
No comments:
Post a Comment