Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Confused and Annoyed

As of May 9th, 2005 (unless something goes horribly wrong between now and then), I will be a graduate of Campbell University, with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration...meaning that the "real world" is just around the corner for me. The thought excites me, but scares me at the same time. I'm excited because I'll be done with school...no more tests, papers, projects, presentations- I can't wait. But I'm also scared...maybe uncertain is a better word...about my future after I graduate. Since I decided I had no desire any longer to be a teacher back in high school, I've been clueless as to what I want to do with my life. Everybody keeps saying that it's okay to be that way, that I've got plenty of time to figure it out. Somehow, though, it's not very reassuring. Sure, I've got a job right now, one that I can continue in for just about as long as I want to really, and there's a fairly good chance that it'll become full time not long after I graduate. This is where my annoyance comes in. I don't know how many people- more than enough regardless- have made comments to me lately about how the job I currently have is a good "starting point" and that I'm sure to find a better one later on...not that exact wording, of course, but you get the idea. Everybody that's made a comment like that means well, I know, but I'm beginning to feel like my job isn't "good enough", and I don't like it. I enjoy my job...I don't know if I'll always remain there, but I'm happy and content working there, which I think is one of the most important things to take into consideration when looking for a job. Sure, money's nice, but I was never brought up to spend lavishly or go places all the time...it's not the most important thing to me. I don't want to stress out about my job, and have to carry that stress home with me every day. I want a job that ends at 5:00 (or whatever time), and I don't have to really think about it again till the next day. I've prayed many a night about what I should do with my life...it's one of those things I know that I must leave in God's hands and allow Him to guide me on...but it's easier said than done.
I just want to know what to do with my life...why is it such a hard thing for me to figure out?

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom