Thursday, January 06, 2005

A Look Back

2004 was...amazing, to say the very least. Words could never really express the myriad of emotions and feelings that I've felt, the highs and lows that I've experienced, nor the situations that I've been through in the past year- as well as the changes that have occured as a result...
There were so many great memories with family and friends, as well as many new experiences, both good and not so good...allowing myself to really fall for someone and experiencing heartache when things fell apart...watching a dear friend fade out of my life...losing a close relative suddenly...truly growing in my relationship with the Lord...really getting to know my friends and growing continuously closer to them...it's led me to really appreciate all that I have and try to live my life to its fullest...
At times, I wish there were parts of this past year that didn't happen...most of the time, though, I'm extremely thankful for everything that has happened...my spiritual life has grown so much because of it, and I've become a stronger, happier person as well...life has so much meaning, so many possiblities...I wouldn't take any of it back, not a bit, because I'm who I am today because of all of it...
Thank you, Father, for everything that you've given me and done for me...and for what you continue to do for me...I love my life... :)
I can't wait to see what this year holds...with God, anything is possible... :)-
"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith..." (Hebrews 12:1-2)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey chica! I love the optimism and stuff... lol ...just like we talked about! I'm glad things are going so well for you and i look forward to spending ALOT of time together this semester. We can become champion pool players...heehee and just remember i know how to make you lose...

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom