Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So Long, Farewell...

Well, my dad and sister just drove off with Lucy...they're taking her to the pound...I hate to admit it, but I actually cried as they drove off, not so much because I'll miss her (although I did enjoy watching her race my car up the driveway each afternoon, I'll admit), but because I know her fate at the pound won't be good if someone doesn't come in the pound and take her very, very soon...we asked everybody we could about taking her, but they either had enough dogs already, or weren't looking for one...no matter how big of a pain an animal is (unless I feel threatened by one- that's different), it still bohers me if someone hurts them...seeing Lucy try to jump out of the back of my dad's pickup because she was scared of what was going on, and hearing her wimper...I should've stayed inside and not watched, but I didn't...I'm the same way with people...it bothers me to see others get hurt, or hurting...like this past Friday afternoon, when some jerk comes in to work and starts to really upset one of my co-workers...none of it was directed at me, but I guess in a way I felt like it was...I got upset about it because I knew my co-worker had done nothing wrong but she had to take all the crap the guy was giving her anyway (hence Friday's comment).
Now I'm back to working four hours a day...don't need the money to run out before the budget year ends...hopefully I'll be getting a full-time job come July, but it's anybody's guess as to when I'll find out...meantime, I think I need to start looking around at other places, just to see what's out there and who's hiring...I've never looked anywhere else before, because I've always had this job...I need to know what else is out there, though...
Ate lunch with Baker yesterday...hopefully I'll be watching a movie with Heather Friday night (afternoon?), either at my house or in Cary...and as long as nothing changes between now and Saturday afternoon, I'm going shopping with Anna...I love spending time with friends...now that I'm out of school, though, I have to work at it more, put more effort into seeing people...guess that's part of life (i.e. "the real world")...
Summer plans...a beach trip, hopefully, although with who all is yet to be determined...at least one trip down to Winston Salem to see Jessamyn and her new apartment...maybe up to Durham to see Alaina...hopefully a trip to the mountains, but that may depend on whether my dad will have to buy a new pickup...maybe a trip to Virginia too...makes the summer sound so full of things to do, but I'll be lucky if one or two of those plans actually goes through...one can dream, though, can't they? :)-
Off to do something with the rest of my day...

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom