"...Through suffering and sorrow
Comes peace beyond belief
For our present set of circumstances
Serve only to remind us of the gold we can't yet see..."
--Crystal Lewis, "Why"
My co-worker has been given two months to live. Two months. Someone that saw her recently said they'd expect a call any day now. I hate it for her and her family, but yet, I know she'll be in a much better, pain-free place once she's gone. I'll never forget all the stories and gossip we swapped while working the desk together...we always had a good time, laughing or joking around about something or other. :) Please keep my co-worker and her family in your prayers.
People ask why these things happen, why God would let them happen, especially to people that seem to least deserve it...all I know is, God can use anything to work for the good of others. I don't think He wants bad things to happen to people, but when they do, God can use it. The good that can come out of bad things may not always be apparent at first, but it's there. You've just got to find it.
Despite my sad news, today's been a pretty good day for me. I've been more upbeat the last couple of days, and I could probably tell you why...one, I finally had a long-overdue conversation with a friend of mine, and two, I'm working on getting my prayer-life and Bible study time back where it needs to be. Both have done alot for my spirits. There's still things I've got to think over, but I don't want to think about it much until everything else is back on track.
BREAKTHROUGH AWARDS 2005 (Popular Mechanics)
"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul..."
--[Words by] Horatio G. Spafford, "It Is Well With My Soul" (hymn)
No comments:
Post a Comment