Thursday, December 29, 2005

Where's the Balance?

Though I hate to admit it, I do share some not-so-great traits with my youngest sister (which is probably why we don't always get along, but anyways...). Time management would be one of those problem areas. Don't get me wrong- I did a decent job with managing my time when I was doing school and work at the same time. But now that I'm out of school, I've got all these little "projects" that I want to do- scrapbooks, collages, etc.- along with reading, watching movies, and hanging out with friends...and who knows what else. Problem with it all is, after I get off work around 5, I get on the computer for a short time (sometimes longer), then head home, eat, shower, and- where's the time gone? Suddenly those 3 or 4 hours of "free time" have disappeared, eaten up by things I have to do...and because I've become a poor time-manager. I stare into my closet for ages, trying to figure out what to wear the next day...I play with my fingernails, cutting them, filing them- the smallest little snag on one of 'em gets me distracted...or I just plain stare off into space, with a million thoughts swirling around in my head- or none at all, lol. I wake up early to go to work, then end up going to bed late in an effort to make the most out of the time I have, which means I'm tired in the morning. Last night is a good example...I got home and ate, then read a book for a couple of hours. I should've showered at some point, but between the storm we had and me getting involved in my book (and when I mean involved, I mean involved- the rest of the world disappears when I'm reading a good book), it didn't happen when it should've...I finally stopped reading so I could call Jessamyn...and I ended up talking to her for a good solid 2 hours at least...I didn't make it to bed till about 1 (because of that stupid shower I failed to take earlier). Woke up at 7 this morning. Six hours of sleep- ugh. It's crazy. I think time management's gonna have to be one of my "resolutions" for this coming new year. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really really need a hug - and to get away for awhile. B4 i go back to school we need to road trip it somewhere...

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom