Monday, January 16, 2006

Friday the 13th / Panthers Still In...

Wow...what can I say about this weekend, except that it was great...
I went over to Heather's Friday night to watch scary movies (in the true spirit of Friday the 13th, of course) and had a really fun time. We watched Silence of the Lambs, which wasn't half bad - not too gory, and leaning more towards the pyschological thriller than anything else, which I like best...Baker, Anna, Joey, and Jason popped in somewhere around midnight or so, trying to scare the life out of me and Heather, banging on all the doors- and of course this was right after Heather and I had a conversation about people hiding under/in cars and dark places, etc., lol- though Joey fell off the landing in the process and got all wet, so at least one of 'em got payback, lol...all of us watched The Shining (old 1980's version), but we ended up talking and laughing more than anything else, so it was hardly scary (I guess it was scariest while Joey, Baker, and Anna were asleep, lol- Baker and Joey weren't doing their commentary and Baker wasn't trying to suddenly grab me and scare the mess out of me, though Baker did manage to get me once, after he woke back up- I'll give him that much). I think they all left around 3 or 3:30, and then Heather and I stayed up for another hour or so talking and playing the hypothetical question game, which I think is alot easier to play when it's not 4 in the morning, but maybe that's just me, lol...we have to do that again sometime, Heather- I had a great time...
I slept away most of Saturday...went to Fayetteville for awhile with the family after leaving Heather's, then napped for 3 or 4 hours, ate supper, showered, then went back to sleep with no problem later that night...man, was I tired- but I'm better now- yah!
I headed back over to Heather's tonight to watch the Panthers, and for Bible Study...the Panthers are still in the playoffs - GO PANTHERS!! :)- One more game to go, and they'll be in the Superbowl...please, please, please....I've got my fingers crossed for Sunday night... :)
No work tomorrow- yah! Sleep in, shop a little maybe- by myself, it looks like... :( Or maybe I'll just watch movies to my heart's content... :) Or scrapbook a little...I've got 3 pages done so far, only about 20 or so to go, lol...

"...Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten..."
--Natasha Bedingfield, "Unwritten"

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom