"Dare to step out of your comfort zone today. God has so much more in store. Keep pursuing and keep believing. It doesn't take any more effort to believe and stay filled with faith than it takes to develop a negative and defeated attitude. Get up every day and say, "This is going to be a good day! I believe my dreams are coming to pass. God has great things in store." When you have that kind of attitude, you are releasing God's supernatural power in your life, and before long, you will begin experiencing more of God's goodness."
"...if you can learn to look at life through your eyes of faith and start seeing yourself rising to new levels- seeing yourself accomplishing your dreams, receiving more, giving more, loving more, and enjoying life, seeing your family serving God- you'll experience God's blessings and favor."
"Your imagination is like a canvas. You can paint on it any kind of picture you choose through your thoughts, attitudes, and what you decide to focus on. Don't let doubt or fear paint on your canvas. Don't let "impossible" or "can't be done" thoughts blur the colors on your canvas."
"Too often, we allow complacency to keep us in mediocrity. We get comfortable where we are, and we use that as an excuse."
"Even when circumstances don't go your way, keep your mind set in the right direction. If you will do your part by continually contemplating the goodness of God, living with faith and expectancy, God will take you places you've never even dreamed of, and you'll live at a level you have never before dared to imagine."
I've been reading a devotional lately, called Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen, and it's got me to thinking about my life and what I expect/want from it concerning my career, my relationships with others...a whole bunch of things. Above, I've quoted some of the things that have jumped out at me since I started reading the devotional.
My preacher was talking Sunday about the "degrees" that every person needs to have- I thought it was a really neat way to look at it:
BA (born again)
DD (devil disturber)
PhD (past having doubts)
I've come to accept the fact that I'm much better at watching football than I am at playing it...and last night was no exception, that's for sure. The exercise did me good, though- despite the grass stains and bruise(s). :)
Panthers 23, Giants 0
The Panthers are still in the playoffs- yah! :)-
No comments:
Post a Comment