Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolution Time

"Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret- it only causes harm."
~Psalm 37:5-8

"...I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
And learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here
Go out on a ledge, without any net
That's what I'm gonna be about
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out..."
--Rascal Flatts, "When the Sand Runs Out"

"...Everything I held so precious
Everything I kept away
I give it up, give it up
All for You, I give it all for You
Everything I held as treasure
I give it all for You, I give it all for You..."
--Joy Williams, "Surrender"

I need to read my Bible more consistently...pray more often...read a good book more often...laugh more...trust others a little more...procrastinate less, spend my time more wisely...lighten up a little...have a more positive outlook on life on a daily basis...you could call these my New Year's resolutions- they're all part of an effort to live my life to its absolute fullest this year...year 2006. Time to get started...

The Panthers are in the playoffs!!! Life is good... :)-

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom