Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Little Overanalyzing :)-

I was talking recently with a friend about [romantic] relationships and marriage, and the sacrifices you have to make- the give and take, the willingness to bend a little and let the small things go, and the willingness to overlook the other's [sometimes very annoying] habits and such. After talking for a bit, I confessed to my friend that sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to "bend" like I'll need to at times- that I won't be willing to compromise like I'd need to. She told me not to worry and that when the time came, I'd be able to do it. Time would change things. But sometimes I worry...what if I can't change? What if I've become so stuck in my ways, so picky about the opposite sex and what I do and don't want in a man, that I never find my Mr. Right- or the other possible outcome, that I do find him, but either never realize it because I'm too stubborn, or I unintentionally drive him away? (Like I've said before- I tend to overanalyze things.) All I can hope is that God will mold me in the way He sees fit, and I allow myself to be open to it. Then, when the time is right, I'll meet my Mr. Right (whom God has also been molding as He sees fit to), and I'll know it- eventually, at least- and things will go on from there. It's just a matter of relying on God till then- and continuing to rely on God even when I do meet the right guy. As long as God is at the center of my life, things will be okay... :)

Life in the Googleplex
I blame HR and Marketing and all those other business classes for being interested in this kind of thing now, but look at the pics in this "photo essay" of the working environment at Google- it's awesome. I wouldn't mind working someplace like that (not that I have a real problem with where I work or anything, but still)...

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think that despite the overanalyzing that you are right on target: God will take care of Mr. Right. Your friend is right as well, when the time comes you'll be surprised at the person you will be able to be. Grace is always there...

Now, for the more serious comment: I love Google!!! If I had any skills they could use, I'd be begging for a job in a heartbeat. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom