Sunday, February 26, 2006

So Long, Barney


Don Knotts, probably best known for playing Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show", died Friday. I grew up watching the show (technically it was the re-runs, because the original episodes were shown many years before I was born) and loved it. I still love watching those old episodes...Andy Griffith always had an easy way of explaining things, and fixing things that went wrong, while Barney Fife added the laughs. You couldn't help but love him. He also played a recurring role in "Matlock", again with Andy Griffith, though he wasn't near so funny in it. I've seen him in a couple of other things, but I think I'll always love him best in "Andy Griffith."

So long, Barney Fife...you will be missed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Furley's dead?!? He will be missed, bad leisure suits and all... Thanks for the (sad) news.

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom