Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Weekend Play-by-Play...Well, Sort Of

I bought a TV this weekend- that thing was heavy as all get out to heft up the stairs, even with three or four of us carrying it up...I bought a stand/cabinet thing for it yesterday, and they're supposed to be delivering it this afternoon, so when I get home, it should in my room, ready to go- yah! I used to think my room was fairly big...then I started accumulating things, lol. The next "big thing" on my list of things to buy is a bedroom suite...but I think I'll be waiting awhile on that one- save up a little more money and all that.
I took off work on Monday and went bowling with Heather. It was my first time bowling, but I did fairly well, if I do say so myself. One strike, several spares, and knocking down 8 or 9 pins (on average) each turn...I'm ready to team up with Heather against the guys now. :) We went back to Heather's apartment afterwards and watched the newest version out of Yours, Mine & Ours, which was pretty cute- I'd have to watch the old version again to decide which one was better. We scrapbooked a little after the movie, but mainly pored over old pictures of the group, reminiscing about the good 'ole days, NevaeH, and just the way things used to be...all in all, it was a great day.
I watched several other movies this weekend, but not all of them were that great:
Pride and Prejudice (2005 version) - Thoroughly disappointing...the 1995 version is still the best version to me...no one can touch Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy :)-
Elizabethtown - You know the movies that you really look forward to seeing because the trailer looked great, then you watch the movie and find out that it's nothing like you remembered from the trailer (in a bad way)? Yeah, that was this movie...depressing. Orlando Bloom, I'm so disappointed in you (lol).
In Her Shoes - Now this one was cute-- definitely a sister movie. I wanted to strangle Cameron Diaz a couple of times- she played her part well, I'll give her that much. :)
Must Love Dogs - Plenty of humor and sarcasm, with a bit of romance thrown in-- my type of movie. :)
Amid all the movie-watching and TV-shopping, I did manage to do a little "spring cleaning" in my room...and there haven't been any more rustling sounds or mouse sightings since. :)-

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom