Monday, July 03, 2006

Fun in the (hot, hot) Sun

Plenty of exercise and outdoor fun...that pretty much sums up my whole weekend. I got off at noon on Friday (cause I had to work Saturday), so I layed out for the first time in what seems like forever, washed my car (also for the first time in who-knows-when), did cartwheels, jumped rope a little, and kicked around the soccer ball with my sister until we were both too tired to do much of anything else. I haven't done cartwheels probably since high school, and I definitely haven't kicked around a soccer ball in at least a few years, so I had some fun doing things I don't normally do...and it was great exercise. I'm still feeling the effects of it now, in a good way though. Saturday was work, chores, a little more laying out, and a movie or two. Sunday was more fun in the sun...volleyball at the Blaylocks', along with some indoor games (Jason, you've got to seriously start brushing up on your carpet pool and air hockey skills, lol-- just kidding), then cooled off at a pool nearby. And though I can't swim very well (I think I can do more than I let on, but I wasn't about to test that in front of everybody), I still had a good time. It reminded me yet again, though, that I really do need to learn how to swim...at least to the point where I'm confortable in the deep end-- minus the float, that is, lol. I'm just not big on practicing and learning in front of everybody else...

So my sister thinks I'm going to end up marrying a younger guy. (Of course, she wouldn't actually tell me that, but she told my mom, who then told me.) The thought sort of depresses me (no offense to you younger guys), cause I always end up dating younger guys, so she may, in fact, end up being right. Although men tend to die before women, so in that case, a younger guy would be a plus...lol. Apparently there's something about me that attracts the younger set, but not the older ones. Or, perhaps it's that I always seem to be hanging out with people in general that are younger than me (with a few exceptions, of course), and I give myself little opportunity to hang out with anyone older... *sigh* I don't know what/who I want these days...

Cute guys come in, stay for a couple of weeks, emailing and faxing their resumes to places like Charlotte and Virginia Beach, never for a second considering staying around these parts. Oh, no, because this town is too small, with not enough choices of where to work...so off they go, after they find a job (or another place to stay that's closer to their end destination, at least)...and here I am, still here. Maybe I should move....? :)

Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit melodramatic...but it's better than throwing a full-out pity party for myself, don't you think? :)- Just gotta keep my focus....

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom