She was killed last night when a dump truck driver swerved and hit her car and another's.
Her dad saw the accident on TV, before anyone had a chance to contact him, to tell him what had happened.
This past Saturday, she was at the VBS kickoff at my church, manning the snow cone machine with her sister, friendly to anyone and everyone who came up.
Her boyfriend and his family have been going to my church for as long as I can remember. He came to Christ a year or so ago...I heard she'd been praying that that day would come. They'd dated since high school, and were building a house to live in one day.
She was always smiling, always cheerful, every time I saw her. Seemed very sweet and friendly. Had some of the prettiest, curliest blonde hair I've ever seen. And there was no denying she was Southern, and maybe a bit country, too, with that accent/drawl of hers.
I wish I'd known her better.
The driver of the dump truck got a misdemeanor. Nothing more than that, from what I heard.
Please keep her family, and all the other families involved, in your prayers.
You never know what tomorrow holds. Or when today might be your last. Live each day to its fullest-- don't hold back. Make new friends, and treasure the ones you already have. Spend time with your family. Spend time with God. Count the blessings He's given you. Stand in awe of His handiwork-- a sunrise, a sunset...life in general. Give as much as you can. Love with all your heart.
Simply put...appreciate the life God has given you. Love it, cherish it, and share it with others.
(And PLEASE, be careful on the road...it's dangerous out there.)
1 comment:
How utterly tragic!!! Thanks for the entirely appropriate reminder: live life to its fullest. We each get one lifetime... there's no excuse for not living it. Angie seems to be a wonderful example of someone who did live her life to the fullest. My prayers are with those who are experiencing the accute loss of a loved one.
Post a Comment