Friday, October 20, 2006

Staind Concert-- Reflections


I went to a [secular] rock concert-- for the first time ever-- with a group of friends a couple of Sundays ago. I had a really great time, just hanging out with my friends, taking pictures (of course), and enjoying [some of] the music. Now that I've experienced a "rock" concert, I appreciate my simple, somewhat prudish (no cussing, drinking, or smoking, among other things-- by choice) life even more. I don't regret going, but I don't think I'll be as inclined to go to another rock concert (of that nature) in the future.
I'm slowly starting to open up and try new things, go new places...it goes against the grain a bit, but I'm getting there. The more things I do, though, the more I realize that I'm content with who I am...but I know that no matter who I decide to be, I have people that will continue to be my friends regardless . You can't ask for much more than that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Susan i love you always always always no matter what!!! And as much as i loved the concert (the music that is) i could have done without the cursing and the weed smoking and the drunken fights too...

Anonymous said...

It's good, sometimes, to step outside our choices, if for no other reason to remind us that, yes, we have chosen the best way for ourselves. I'm glad for you that you had the experience, and glad that it reinforced your conscious decisions.

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom