Thursday, December 21, 2006

Scary Fall, Amazing Recovery

My little Nikon camera took a good eight-to-ten foot plunge off a friend's porch Sunday afternoon, straight into concrete. (Somehow, I lost my grip on the side strap.) Amazingly enough, everything clicked back into place, and it still works fine. The only evidence of it's tumble are a few small dents on the side, and there's no longer any glass in front of the viewfinder window. Hardy little thing, huh?
(Eerily enough, the same thing happened to a little one-time-use camera I had, about a year ago, on that same porch...it didn't fare as well, however. The only pictures that turned out on that roll of film were the few pictures I'd taken before it's fall.)

I love Nikon!! :)

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom