Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Puffy But Here :)

They were a long five days. I never really hurt much, but I was puffy and bruised up as all get out. I'm still puffy and slightly bruised...still a bit of a chipmunk...but presentable enough to go in to work today. Still can't eat anything crunchy (I've been craving some peanuts, but I'm looking at another week before I'll get 'em), still can't use a straw (slightly melted milkshakes, as opposed to frozen-then-thawed milkshakes, are the best)-- but hey, at least I can chew food now, right? As long as it's small bite-sized pieces of food-- my jaws aren't cooperating real well yet, so I have to take things slow and small. *sigh*

The things I missed while I was out of it:

--showers

--brushing my teeth

--eating "real" food

--straws

--seeing my boyfriend :)

--talking (or, rather, clear pronunciation of words)

--my smile (my dimples are just starting to show again...)

--leaving the house

*Note that I didn't include work in that list... :)-

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom