Since I'm at home alot during the day, and I don't have as much access to coupons as I used to (through newspaper inserts), I've started going online and perusing various blogs and sites, finding the best deals for me, and printing coupons that I can use. I recently put together an email for some friends listing some of these sites and tips I've picked up, and thought I'd share it on here as well.
Some of my favorite sites I visit regularly:
http://couponcravings.com/
http://forthemommas.com/
http://hip2save.com/
http://www.redplum.com/ default.aspx (has some of the same coupons as the Red Plum newspaper inserts, plus other cool discounts on restaurants and stuff)
http://www.smartsource.com/ smartsource/index.jsp?Link= MKRU3JAAR6CCY (also has some of same coupons as Smart Source inserts)
http://www.survivingthestores. com/
http://www.totallytarget.com/
http://www.wral.com/ 5onyourside/smartshopper/
My favorite sites are For the Mommas, Hip2Save, Red Plum, Surviving the Stores, and Wral's Smart Shopper. I think you have to sign in for Red Plum and Smart Source, but the others you can just visit (you can subscribe to them as well, and they'll send you an email when they update the site, giving you a preview of what's new, but that's up to you). Surviving the Stores, Wral and and some of the others do match-ups of coupons with what's on sale at various stores (Food Lion, Harris Teeter, CVS, Walmart, and other pharmacies, to name a few), which can be handy when figuring out what to shop for for the week. They also have links to alot of the coupons they mention, which are found in some inserts and all over the web-- some by liking their Facebook page, or visiting their brand website, coupons.com, Red Plum, Smart Source, etc. Some of the sites also list freebies you can get by going to a particular website and filling out your mailing address-- usually Walmart's website or a brand's official page. It takes at least a month for samples to get mailed to you, of course, but I've gotten dog treats, a paint sample from Valspar, shampoo samples, etc, that way.
It can take a while to go through the sites, but if you do it on a fairly regular basis, like I do, you get the hang of what kinds of things are on each site, which help you out the most, and where you'll find the best information, tips, and coupons.
Food Lion and Harris Teeter (Lowes Foods, too, I believe) have coupons on their website, most of which get "clipped" to your store card and get taken off at register when scanned. They also have sale papers on the website, in case you want to see what's for sale before going to the store. AND, if you sign up online for Harris Teeter, you'll get an email on Fridays with special e-vic specials just for you-- alot of times they have pretty good special prices on things like eggs, cleaning products, paper towels and toilet paper, and frozen pizza, to name a few.
If you don't have a CVS card and you use them very much at all, you should. They print out reward bucks every few months, depending on how much you've spent, and if you sign up online and register your card on there, they'll send you emails with various percentage-off coupons-- most of the time, you can "push" these deals to your card so you don't have to print them, which is nice, too. Examples include $5 off $20 or more, 20% off entire purchase (may or may not include sale items), etc. It can be very nice to have when you buy more than one small thing at a time there. I believe Walgreens and some other pharmacies do something like this as well.
The rest of the sites I visit fairly regularly are listed here.
Just wanted to share the savings with any that may still read this blog... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment