Friday, September 07, 2012

First Time for Everything...

I've never been a fan of okra. Growing up, my mom cooked it on occasion, but I'd never cared for the taste of it, much less the smell.

My husband, on the other hand, LOVES okra. So yesterday, when a coworker brought in several big bags of okra, I thought I'd be sweet and try to fry up some okra for my hard-working husband. I'd never cooked it before, so I "researched" online for the best ways to fry it without it getting slimy.
I'm happy to report, the frying went off without a hitch, and my husband thought it was great-- even went back for seconds. :)

It was one of those proud-wife-accomplishment moments. :)




I figured I'd try it again, see if my taste buds had changed over the years. Still didn't like it that much.

*I made this again a few days later and remembered to salt it a little earlier in the process-- I started popping them like popcorn after that, lol.

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom