Thursday, November 08, 2012

Candles




What is it about candles that people like so much? Growing up we didn't do much with candles, unless the power went out and we had to use them. Even then, the candles were simple and unscented. As I got older, I'd get candles as gifts from people, but I never really had any use for them, except to collect dust. Until one day a year or so ago, when I lit one in an effort to make a room smell better. I started to appreciate the scent of a candle, and I've lit many a candle since then, whether to help the smell of a room out, or just because I felt like it. There's also something very romantic seeming about a candle...maybe it's the scents, maybe it's the dimmed lighting...either way, I like the ambiance it can create. There's also a warmth to them, not so much in actually warming yourself up by them, but more so in their presence. All in all, I've become a bit of a candle person over the last year or so, and I like to try to capture the essence of them with my camera when the chance presents itself.

1 comment:

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful post. We just love having candles lit all around the house at night time. We have been doing this for years now. Just very relaxing for us. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
World of Animals

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom