Friday, November 02, 2012

State Fair 2012

 I always enjoy seeing the animals...especially the farm animals-- must be my roots.
 Biggest pumpkin I've ever seen.
 I'd never paid attention to the produce section before...didn't know there were so many kinds of apples out there...
 Seeing the pottery is always a must for me...buying is optional...
 I don't know about other years, but this year they had a turkey shoot (you shoot at targets, not actual turkeys). The winner gets a frozen turkey (or a t-shirt, if you don't want the turkey). My husband tried his hand at it, but didn't win.
 Neat magnets in one of the craft buildings.
The Village of Yesterday is always one of my favorite places to visit at the fair-- all the crafts (and pottery!) are so neat to see...lots of fine craftsmanship and talent...

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom