Thursday, November 11, 2004

What Might Have Been

"...I try not to think about
What might have been
'Cause that was then
And we have taken different roads
We can't go back again
There's no use giving in
And there's no way to know
What might have been..."
~Little Texas, "What Might Have Been"

Lyrics never used to affect me, and have as much meaning in them to me, as they do now...maybe that's silly, but maybe it's not. I always thought this song was a little depressing, because you know the relationship is long over, but sometimes you wonder "what would have happened if...?" I think it may fit my situation right now, though. We can't live in the past...we can have hope for our future, though...what the future may bring, I'm eager to find out. Sometimes I think God's just sitting up there, laughing at us, wondering when we'll ever stop worrying about what's gonna happen down the road, and concentrate on the here and now, and just following Him. I worry too much...we all do...and the ones that don't worry probably have even worse problems.

Very old fortune cookie: "Patience is a virtue."
I need some of that. What's gonna happen down the road, wouldn't I love to know...
This is gonna turn around, I know it will- how it will all end up, though, only time will tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that Holly did her lesson the fruits of the spirit, patience being one of them. So to learn this patience you've been dealing with the umm unpatience so to speak. Lol. I know the feeling and hope you find all that you're looking for.

Susan said...

Wanna leave your name next time, so I know who's talking to me? :)

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom