There must be a sign on the outside of my house somewhere that's only visible to animals, that says "All poor, unhealthy, and unloved animals, come here- we'll feed you and take care of you." I say this because we now have a new cat, Garfield, and a puppy, Lucy, both who just wandered up to our house recently.
Garfield appeared a couple of weeks ago, and he's adorable. I don't mind keeping him at all. He's got long, orange hair, and a long poofy tail with white on the tip of it. And pretty green eyes. My mom seems to have really taken to him. I think he used to be somebody's house cat, because he looks really well-maintained, and kinda skittish to noises outside, which is where he stays. (I don't know where Smokey's gone to- he's been gone for a good couple of months now. I figure he'll be back after about a 6-month hiatus away, like he did last year around this time. 'Course, he'll show up all skin and bones, ready to be nursed back to health. Anyways...)
Lucy, on the other hand, is a black, lab/Jack Russell terrier mix puppy that just showed up a day or so ago. She looks so pitiful- she's all skin and bones. I don't think she's had a decent meal in a while (well, until now). She has a pretty coat, though- I'll give her that much. Unfortunately, my dad is taken with the puppy, as is one of my sisters, so it looks like she's here to stay. She scares the cat, which I don't like, cause I like the cat and want him to stay...I could care less if the puppy stays, though. Can you tell I'm not a dog person? I love cats, though. :)-
This was in a recent devotional of mine, and I thought it was a great quote to share:
"To forgive somebody is to say one way or another, 'You have done something unspeakable, and by all rights, I should call it quits between us. Both my pride and my principles demand no less. However, although I make no guarantees that I will be able to forget what you've done and though we both carry the scars for life, I refuse to let it stand between us. I still want you for my friend.' To accept forgiveness means to admit that you've done something unspeakable that needs to be forgiven, and thus both parties must swallow the same thing: their pride." ~Frederick Buechner
No comments:
Post a Comment