Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Freakonomics

Just finished a great book by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, called Freakonomics: a Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything...I've never been much into economics (or any nonfiction book, for that matter) but I really enjoyed this book, I guess because it doesn't deal with the usual, boring things I associate with economics, but little things that I'd never really thought about much. I almost wish I was in Yonai's class this year, to see if he commented on this book any. LOL. To give you an idea of what the book is all about, these are the chapter headings in the book:
-What do schoolteachers and sumo wrestlers have in common?
-How is the Ku Klux Klan like a group of real estate agents?
-Why do drug dealers still live with their moms?
-Where have all the criminals gone?
-What makes a perfect parent?
-Would a Roshanda by any other name smell as sweet?
(The chapters on the Ku Klux Klan and naming children were my favorites, but all of them were pretty good.)
www.freakonomics.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey i want to borrow that book i'm assuming you still have it bc when i went to the library it was not there!!! Talk to ya later!
~Heather

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom