My baby sister (ok, so she's not a baby anymore) started high school today...the years have just flown by...
I'm going to be doing alot more driving around that I originally thought I would be this school year...I'm having to take my sisters to school in the morning (which means getting up an hour earlier than I have been-yuck), and I have to pick one of them up three days a week, after I get off work...my one morning of reprieve is Wednesday, because I don't have to go into work till one, so I still get to sleep in on those mornings, thankfully. :) My parents are going to help me pay for gas, seeing as how I'm doing them a major favor by carting my sisters around. (Ok, maybe it's not quite as bad as 'carting' them around, but still...) I went to pick up my sister last night after work and, much to my surprise, I realized that I missed being at Campbell- well, to an extent. I don't miss the papers or annoying teachers, but I miss seeing people around campus. Just being around people my own age, even if I don't know them, can be kinda nice- especially now that I'm not around people my own age much anymore.
I went to (manually) lock my car door this morning, and it made a kinda weird noise, so I tried my electric locks, and they work again! All the window controls on the driver's-side door work again, too. Now I just have to remember to stop manually locking and unlocking my doors, lol. I'm figuring there must be a loose electrical connection somewhere, because the locks haven't been working for six or so months now. But they work again, for now, so guess I won't complain...
-----
"For most internet users, Google is synonymous with online search. Millions of people begin every Web session at Google's famous, plain home page.
But that's not good enough for the bright young upstarts who run Google. They want Google to be your constant companion even if searching or browsing the Web is the furthest thing from your mind. They are working hard to make Google software a fixture on computer desktops.
That is the aim of two new, free products the search giant released this week. One is an instant-messaging program called Google Talk, intended to be your primary means of real-time digital communication. The other is an information-management utility called Google Desktop 2, designed to become a permanent part of your desktop, grabbing space from Microsoft's Windows desktop.
...
Google Talk and Google Desktop, of course, aren't the first examples of what might be called the company's "Google everywhere" strategy. Before this week, Google released its Gmail email service, purchased the Picasa photo-organizing software and launched a service designed to accelerate Web surfing.
But the two newest releases are bold, major steps for Google, and significantly broaden the company's already fierce competition with Microsoft, Yahoo and America Online..."
--Walter S. Mossberg, "Google wants to be your best friend on your computer," today's edition of Wall Street Journal
-Does anybody want a Google email account? I have one, and I can send out "invites" to people that want a Google account...
No comments:
Post a Comment