Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gettin' Better and Better...

"...Don't get too high on the bottle, just a little sip every now and then
Fight your fights, find the grace, in all the things that you can't change
And help somebody if you can
And get right with the Man ..."
--Van Zant, "Get Right With the Man"

I got my car back- yah!!! The back end looks beautiful...now if the whole car could just look like the back does, lol...
This weekend was great. Tried out Iguana's Friday night with Joe...the food wasn't all that great, and I smelled like smoke when I got home...but the caramel cheesecake I had for dessert was wonderful, lol. The conversation was pretty good, too...
Joe: Is it just me, or does it taste like they put hot sauce-
Me: -on everything? *grins*
Joe: Yeah. *grins back*
We also had a really "perky" waitress that wouldn't leave us alone...it got harder and harder not to laugh every time she came up. But we had a good time anyways.
Saturday I had to work...blah...but I was able to catch up on some reading when I got home. Sunday was fun...watched The Terminal (starring Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones) after church...it was kinda funny watching Tom Hanks try to be Russian...or whatever he was supposed to be, lol...Bible Study was good, too...had some new people...Anna and I played air hockey till we got the puck stuck and Anna lost a dart inside the machine trying to get the puck out (lol), then switched to pool and darts. I actually won a game of pool and darts!
Labor Day was absolutely gorgeous...it felt so good outside that I actually laid out for once (and didn't get burned- woohoo!). I also read a hilarious book by Sharon Krum, called The Thing About Jane Spring...I could never see myself taking such drastic measures to get my Mr. Right, but at least the character in the book realized a thing or two about herself in the process.
Something interesting and different's gonna happen tomorrow...so stay tuned... :)-
House Party's on Sunday-I can't wait!

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom