Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt,
Who am I?
That the Bright and Morning Star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart,
Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done,
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are,
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean (ocean),
A vapor in the wind,
Still You hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am..
I am Yours.
Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin,
Would look on me with love, and watch me rise again,
Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me,
Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done,
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are,
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean (ocean),
A vapor in the wind,
Still You hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am...
I am Yours, I am Yours.
I am Yours,
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am Yours,
I am Yours.
--Casting Crowns, "Who am I"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ways of this world are grabbing a hold
Won’t let me go, won’t let me fly by
It takes it’s toll down on my soul
‘Cause I know what I need in my life
Don’t let me lose my sight of You
Don’t let me lose my sight
I don’t want to fall away from You
Gravity is pulling me on down
I don’t want to fall away from You
Gravity is pulling me to the ground
This world keeps making me cry
But I’m going to try, going to try to fly, going to fly high
Don’t want to give into the sin, want to stay in You ‘til the end
Don’t want to lose my sight of You
Don’t want to lose my sight
I want to fly
Into the sky
Turn my back on this old world
Leave it all behind
This place is not my home
It’s got nothing for me
Only leaves me emptiness
And tears in my eyes
--Shawn McDonald, "Gravity"
I popped in one of my WOW CD's last night, curled up with Joyce Meyer's book Be Anxious for Nothing, and had a little much-needed devotion time. It's been awhile since I've done that, and it felt good to get back into the habit. I can always tell when I'm starting to pull away and slack off with reading my Bible and devotionals, because I start focusing on the wrong things too much. I start worrying more than normal. I'm not as happy. It's easier for me to pinpoint it these days...more so than used to. Or maybe it's just that I'm more willing to be honest with myself these days, and admit when I need to get things right with God again.
I saw an old friend today...I had a long-standing crush on him many many years ago, though now you'd be hard-pressed to get me to admit to it...he hasn't changed much, except for the new tatoos, the wedding ring, his wife and baby...it's really hard for me to imagine him married and with a 6-month-old baby...my, how times have changed...
I keep seeing people that I haven't seen in years, and many of them have changed so much, while I feel like I've hardly changed a bit, and I guess I haven't really. Is that a bad thing? In some ways, I know it's not...but in other ways, maybe it is...
No comments:
Post a Comment