"This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be...This city will be chocolate at the end of the day." ~Mayor Ray Nagin, on rebuilding New Orleans (He later apologized and said that people of all races were welcome to return.)
...and some of my favorite ones from work:
"Do you rent VCRs?" --Does anyone rent those things out?
"Are you open?" (mid-week, mid-day call) --No, I just answered the phone for the heck of it.
"I want to fax this and have them send me back $20." --I don't know about you, but I've never seen a fax machine that spits out money. Don't we all wish...
I've had to start a list of the stupid questions I get daily- there's that many of 'em. That's not to suggest that I don't make less-than-brilliant comments myself- everyone that knows me fairly well (heck, sometimes only in passing) knows that I say some of the dumbest things, and I get picked on to no end as a result. So I'm not trying to single out any one person or group of people, because we all say stupid things from time to time- some just do it alot more than others. :)-
1 comment:
The city will be chocolate? Sounds like something i would say without thinking lol...
Post a Comment