~It's the list I've been working on for many weeks, contemplating what things I'd like to do or learn if given the chance. There's no particular order to it, and it will probably never be an all-inclusive list; however, it's the dreams and desires and aspirations I have at this point, all rolled into one list. So, if given the chance, I want to...
--learn how to dance
--live on my own (at least a short while) before I marry
--dance on a tabletop...probably the "wildest" thing on my list, lol
--try red wine
--make a real difference in someone's life
--bring someone to Christ
--celebrate New Year's Even in New York Times Square
--go ice skating
--see Third Day, Rascal Flatts, & Dave Matthews Band in concert
--make a touchdown (LOL)
--learn to play the guitar
--eat at an old-fashioned diner
--wear a miniskirt at least once
--learn how to really swim, and not just float
--make a snow angel
--read through the whole Bible at least once
--make a quilt
--crochet something
--go on a mission trip at least once
--master reading notes and playing the piano
--ride bareback on a horse...maybe learn how to ride a horse first :)-
--memorize and retain a great deal of scripture
--write a book
--go out into the ocean (but not too deep...)
--fall in love, get married, and have children (and yes, in that order)
I guess you could say my inspiration for the list came from A Walk to Remember (2002), the movie based on Nicholas Sparks' book of the same name. One of the main characters has a terminal disease, and knows she will die in the not-too-distant future. Knowing this, she creates a list of things she wants to do before she dies--some things very simple to check off, and others a bit more ambitious. I've toyed with the idea of creating a list many times since then, but only now have decided to finally make one.
So here it is-- my List of Aspirations, Dreams, and Desires, or more simply put, my List of Things To Do Before I Die-- the title isn't significant; all that matters is what's on the list, and whether I have the time (and guts) to carry out my list. Enjoy...
3 comments:
I obviously don't know you, except through blogland, but the list is very cool and the pursuit of it will certainly make for a delight-filled life! I am (significantly) older than you, and I made my first snow angel since childhood behind a Toys R Us this past winter. You're never too old to tackle any of the things on your list (you might not want to combine the red wine, miniskirt, and table dance, though... but it's your call ;-)
HAH, that's funny, I'm sure she will not do all three of those together :)
I'm sad to not see kickboxing on that list Susan! Hello!
Kickboxing isn't on the list because I already know I'm going to do that with you...and no, I hadn't even thought of combining those three things at the same time-- but that would be a way to kill three birds with one stone, now wouldn't it? :)
Post a Comment