Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Birthday Weekend


This weekend was great. My birthday was Saturday, but it ended up feeling like it was the whole weekend, which was cool. Went up with my family to see my grandmother in the hospital Saturday morning (she had gallbladder surgery yesterday, and is going to have another, smaller surgery sometime today or maybe tomorrow), then shopped in Raleigh for pretty much the rest of the afternoon. I found this great bathing suit that I cannot wait to wear now-- I think every girl (over the age of 18 or so, I'd say) needs to have a bathing suit, at least once in her life, that makes her feel confident and sexy when she wears it...I think I'm gonna feel that way when I wear this one. :) We checked out The Cheesecake Factory, since none of us had ever been in one before, but it was real busy, and the prices were kinda high, so we headed on home...making sure to pick up a box of cheesecake on the way. :) After we got home and had supper, we finished off the night with some re-runs of the Beverly Hillbillies (I know, I'm such a dork, but can I help it if I like the old shows? It's all my parents' fault, lol.).
Sunday was fun, too. After church, a group of us had a cookout over at Heather's to celebrate my birthday. We played volleyball most of the afternoon, and the bruises on my arms testify to that-- I guess I need to play more often and toughen 'em up. Amber made me a sugar-cookie-dough birthday cake, which was great. I got a couple of gift cards and Heather was going to get me tickets to go see the Dave Matthews Band this summer, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go because it's real close to Alaina's wedding day-- sometimes I still can't believe she's getting married, and so soon -- so she's gonna get me something else instead. Did I mention it was a great weekend? :)-
Had an eye appointment yesterday-- turns out my eyes are improving, which is always good news. I'm planning on getting contacts this time around-- a real biggie for me, considering how much thought I put into things like that and how long it takes me to actually go through with things. I'm supposed to get my trial pair next week, along with the pair of frames I also bought. They had me try a pair on when I went yesterday, but since my eyes were half-numbed from whatever stuff they'd put in my eyes, I didn't feel them much. It was easier for her to put them in my eyes than it was for her to try and take them out...my tear ducts are working great, lol. I'll get to put them in and take them out when I get the trial pair, I think. Good luck to me... :)-

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom