Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Little Bit of Everything

God gives us such amazing sights to see...and now that I have a digital camera, I'm trying to see just how much of that I can capture on film (well, it's on a chip, technically speaking, but that's besides the point)... :)-
I got to sleep in a little on Saturday for a change, which was really nice. Sat out in the sun and read some that afternoon, too. A day where I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything-- it's rare these days for me, so I enjoy it every chance I get. My mom and I fixed up my sister's hair for her college formal Saturday night-- in a little less than a half hour at that (if you'd seen what we did to her hair, you'd know what an accomplishment that was). She got alot of compliments on her hair (as well as her dress, of course), which made that mad rush to put it all up worth it. Jessamyn came over Sunday afternoon and we caught up on each other's lives a little, then played around with our cameras. We took a ridiculous amount of pictures on our cameras (especially mine), just playing around with the timer, background tones, and flash options, but that's okay, 'cause I enjoyed myself and learned some new things as well.
I've been thinking alot lately about a friend of mine...it's not unusual to go for awhile without hearing from him, but this time it's different. He hasn't replied to emails, text messages, or voice mails. It's possible he's lost his phone, as he's done in the past, and he's always been bad about checking his email, but...I don't know, it's not like him somehow this time around. I have no way to get in touch with him, though, besides his cell and email. I used to joke with him that he was a figment of my imagination, because he'd randomly pop in or call me after not hearing from him for a couple of months to half a year or so. We'd email each other a time or two, or talk on the phone a bit, or go eat somewhere and talk for a few hours, and then he'd be gone again, off to work himself to death yet again. I'm worried about him, but I know the only thing I can do is pray for him, and hope that he's okay, wherever he may be...and maybe one day, he'll let me know he's still around, and doing fine...

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom