"The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go."
~Dr. Seuss
Well, I'm getting used to wearing my contacts...I'm not sure if I've got the prescription just right yet or not (which is why I'm wearing a trial pair right now), but I can see clearly enough to do everyday things, and to drive-- always a good thing. :) I'm relieved that putting them in and taking them out isn't very hard, and it doesn't take me long to do it...I'd always been afraid, prior to getting contacts, that it would take forever to get them in and take them out, and that I would feel them a whole lot while they were in. I do feel them, but not much-- they certainly don't feel like "tree trunks", as one co-worker likened them to. I'm still trying to figure out when to put in eyedrops, and when I can hold off for a bit longer-- that comes with time I suppose. I'm finally starting to get used to the way I look in the mirror without glasses...I mean, I knew how I looked without glasses, but usually I was seeing a blurry view of myself in the mirror-- now it's a clear view. :) My dad still doesn't see how I could put something like that in my eyes...he said you could chase him to Hawaii and back and he still wouldn't let you put them in his eyes (lol). He doesn't like anything to come near his eyes...and for a long time, I was that way. I can remember, as a child, my mom sitting on me and pinning my arms down while she tried to put eyedrops or water in my eyes because I had gotten trash or something in them. I fought her every step of the way. Sometime in the last year or so, though, my view on touching my eyes, and putting things in them, has changed...I realized I wasn't as squemish as I used to be, and that I could, in fact, touch my eye without cringing or shutting my eyes. Suddenly contacts seemed like a more promising possibility, instead of just a far-fetched dream. If you'd told me back then that I'd be wearing contacts today, I probably would've laughed and said "yeah right"...it's just another testament to the fact that people and their views on things can change with time...
Speaking of changes...I got a good several inches of hair whacked off the other day. It's a little choppier than what I'd intended for it to be, but it's shorter, like I was wanting. I might've cut it even shorter, but I had to keep it long enough to wear it up for Alaina's wedding at the end of June. I just needed a little [more] change...
Apparently people used to notice my glasses only, and never really looked at my eyes: The first day I came in with contacts, one of my co-workers said she never realized my eyes were brown. (What color did you think they were?) A patron later asked if my contacts were tinted, because he didn't remember my eyes being that dark. (Nope, they're the same color brown as they've always been.) OH, and my favorite comment since I've changed to contacts? "You look different." (No kidding, Captain Obvious.) Funny what things you discover when you make a change like that... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment