Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"The Philadelphia Story"

Macaulay Connor: I would sell my grandmother for a drink - and you know how I love my grandmother.
-------------------------------------------
Macaulay Connor: I'm testing the air. I like it but it doesn't like me.
-------------------------------------------
Macaulay Connor: I don't think you're being fair to me, Mr. Kidd.
Sidney Kidd: No?
Macaulay Connor: No. You're treating me like you treat all your other writers.
-------------------------------------------
Macaulay Connor: [drunk, to driver] Well, this is where Cinderella gets off, now you hurry back to the ball before you turn into a pumpkin and six white mice, goodbye.
-------------------------------------------
Sidney Kidd: You really hate me, don't you Connor?
Macaulay Connor: Oh no! [pause]
Macaulay Connor: I don't like you very much though.
-------------------------------------------
Librarian: What is thy wish?
Macaulay Connor: I'm looking for some local b - what'd you say?
Librarian: What is thy wish?
Macaulay Connor: Um, local biography or history.
Librarian: If thee will consult with my colleague in there.
Macaulay Connor: Mm-hm. Dost thou have a washroom? [the librarian points]
Macaulay Connor: Thank thee.

James Stewart (as Macaulay Connor) can be so funny...especially when he's drunk... :)- You really have to pay attention in movies like this, though, or you'll miss half of the funny stuff.

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom