Bruce Baxter: I'm just an actor with a gun who's lost his motivation.
-----------------------------------------------------
Ann Darrow: Why would you do that?
Jack Driscoll: Why would I write a play for you? Isn't it obvious?
Ann Darrow: Not to me.
Jack Driscoll: It's in the subtext.
-----------------------------------------------------
Carl Denham: [filming the dinosaurs] Walk forward, Bruce.
Bruce Baxter: What?
Carl Denham: You're the star of this picture. Get into character and head towards the animals.
Bruce Baxter: What kind of place is this? Are you sure about this, Denham? Don't we have a stand-in for this type of thing?
Carl Denham: I need you in the shot, or people will say they're fake.
Bruce Baxter: Nobody's gonna think these are fake.
-----------------------------------------------------
Captain Englehorn: That's the thing about cockroaches. No matter how many times you flushed them down the toilet, they always crawl back up the bowl.
Carl Denham: Hey buddy, I'm out of the bowl. I'm drying off my wings and trekking across the lid.
-----------------------------------------------------
Carl Denham: Ann, I'm not that kind of person.
Ann Darrow: Oh really, then what kind of person are you Mr.Denham?
Carl Denham: I'm someone you can trust, I'm a movie producer.
-----------------------------------------------------
Lumpy the Cook: [seeing a footprint that Kong has left] There's only one creature capable of leaving a footprint that size. The Abominable Snowman.
-----------------------------------------------------
Carl Denham: Bring the tripod and all of the film.
Herb: Want to switch to the six-inch lens?
Carl Denham: [considering Kong, who only he has seen] The wide-angle will do just fine.
I finally watched King Kong this weekend, and enjoyed it pretty good. I'd never seen the original, though most of the storyline was already familiar to me, just through hearing others talk about it. It definitely had me squirming at parts, holding my breath at other parts, and sighing at another good part or two. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rodney Skinner (The Invisible Man): That's the last time I ever play with matches.
-----------------------------------------------------
Dorian Gray: Mina. You're alive.
Mina Harker: It's possible I can't die. Same could be said of you. Let's put it to the test.
-----------------------------------------------------
Allan Quatermain: If you can't do it with one bullet, don't do it at all.
-----------------------------------------------------
Mina Harker: You're sweet... and you're young. Neither are traits that I hold in high regard.
-----------------------------------------------------
Mina Harker: Do you realize what you've done? What you've let out of me?
Dorian Gray: A woman's wrath? Oh, I'm petrified.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-- another movie I watched for the first time recently, and thoroughly enjoyed, a little to my surprise. I loved the action, and their spin on superheroes. I've started to really enjoy action movies-- as long as they're not too gory, or filled with filthy language, both of which I detest. I think I can blame Jessamyn for my interest in action movies-- she convinced me to watch X2 (though I hadn't yet seen the first X-Men movie) in theaters, and I haven't been the same since. :)-
Several other action movies I've enjoyed watching since then...
Fantastic Four
Daredevil (I want to see Elektra, too, but haven't yet.)
X3 (I enjoyed the action, especially in the theater setting, but I was still disappointed...but anyway...)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Adventures in Babysitting
Lord of the Rings, Two Towers, Return of the King
Speed
Road House (a few too many killings, a little too much blood, but...Patrick Swayze, bare-chested-- need I say more? lol)
Charlie's Angels, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Twelve
The Incredibles
Mr. and Mrs. Smith (I so didn't want to like this movie, but I ended up loving it...it's on my list of movies to buy)
I know there's more, but that's all that come to mind at the moment, so I'll stop there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment