Thursday, June 15, 2006

Still Alive and Well, After All...

Joe called me yesterday. Left me a voice mail message, actually, and I called him back. I'd been thinking about him lately, wondering where he was and if I'd ever hear from him again, figuring that I'd heard (and seen) the last of him in January...but I was wrong. He's still alive and well, and just called me to say hey and see how I was doing. He may be around these parts sometime soon...but we'll see. I told him I wouldn't hold him to it.
Speaking of guys in general...I've come to the conclusion recently that I'm not supposed to be dating right now. I know I'm not where I need to be spiritually right now, though I am working hard to change that. And though I get frustrated at times, and some days just really wish a great guy would drop by and ask me out, I know there's a reason it hasn't happened yet. Patience to keep waiting and perserverence to stay immersed in God's Word are the keys, but it's easier said than done. But I know I can do it...with God's help, of course... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i know how you feel i get that way all the time...frusterated that is. Mostly i keep thinking what if i've already met the guy or have him in my life and just blew him off or wrote him off?

Susan said...

I can't help but believe that if you've already met your guy, you'll eventually realize it...things will happen to make you see you were wrong about the guy the first time (or the second time, or however many times, lol) you blew/wrote him off. We all make choices, yes, and sometimes not the right one...but I still believe that something like that will end up staring you in the face at some point, letting you know this one's IT...as long as you're patient and relying on God and His timing. I think that last part is the most significant thing, though-- relying on God, that is. Without Him...where would any of us be?

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom