So my coworker and I are standing there at the desk this afternoon, ready to help anybody that comes up, and this lady walks around our two sides of the desk, to the third side (which no one is at), to have her things checked out. She had to walk past both of us to get to that side, so she actually exerted herself more than she really had to...what goes through some people's minds? I mean, really...
At one point, it was pouring ran outside, and a lady pulls her car up under the covered walkway, blocking all others' access to the walkway and the bookdrop. She had to be told to move her car...apparently she wasn't planning on moving it until she was actually ready to leave.
Another lady stayed for several hours, oblivious to her kids running around and knocking things over...and oh, how her little girl could scream...
Computers are hot stuff right now...everybody wants to use one, and nobody wants to give theirs up, even after they've been sitting there for two or three hours. They try all sorts of tricks to stay on, like hiding their passes (like that one's gonna work), playing musical chairs, pointing fingers at someone else who's still on the computer...I understand (for the most part) when somebody's working on something major-- a paper, resume, application, etc. But the people that just want to chat and use MySpace all day? All I can say is, GET A LIFE. If you need a computer badly enough to be on it for half a day at a time (at least), then buy yourself a computer. Geez...
Just needed to vent a little...I'm better now... :)
1 comment:
I love frustrating patron stories. It's one of the joys of library work! Thanks for venting (and, as a side effect sharing!)
Post a Comment