Monday, September 18, 2006

Bad Day + Nice Guy = ???

The day started out good, coming off a really nice weekend...but around 2:00, things started going downhill. It took over an hour to count the money (there's a new way to do it now...new=ridiculously complicated), when it should have only taken 15 or so minutes. ("And my pen SUCKS"-- a fellow county employee, though not a coworker, caught that remark at just the wrong moment...it was just the laugh I needed right then.) And a patron was about to drive me absolutely crazy, needing help every 5 minutes, on really little things that shouldn't have been hard to do by herself. Add a nice guy to the picture (one I'm not interested in, but oh well), and now I've got a possible lunch/supper get-together (it's NOT a date) for this weekend.

Hugh: "So when are we going to go see a movie?"
Me: "I don't know..."
Hugh (jokingly): "So, you think I'm an attacker or something?"
Me (embarrassed): "No, it's not that..."

It was a different sort of day, one I don't care to relive any time soon...On a positive note, though, I now have Seasons 2 and 3 of Friends to watch-- yah! :)-
Mi Casitas opens tomorrow...Mexican food, anyone? :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

New friendships are always nice... just keep that in mind.

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom