This weekend was great...shopping on Saturday, a mini movie marathon (Saturday night/ Sunday afternoon), and lots of games and laughs Sunday night (I'll try not to beat you so badly next time Joey, okay? Just kidding, lol...)
I spent Labor Day with two of my best friends-- what better way to spend a day? I went with Heather to see Invincible (which was really good, by the way-- I had to work at not standing up or shouting out at the end of the movie, lol), caught some lunch, and then talked for awhile, really talked, which is something we haven't had a chance to do in a while. Then I headed over to Jessamyn's, and her and her mom treated me to supper at Lucky32 (one of the nicest restaurants I think I've ever been to), and Jessamyn and I spent a little time catching up on things, and just talking about...life in general.
I enjoyed the talks, but it got me to thinking about something that I probably shouldn't have started thinking about. I have to remind myself constantly-- as is the case in all aspects of life-- that God is in control, and He knows what He's doing. It's about His timing, not mine; His will, and not mine. I struggle with that; some days are better than others. I've been slacking on my Bible reading lately (yet again), which I'm sure hasn't helped me any, either.
I just need a little prayer right now...that I'll wait on God's guidance and direction, in every aspect of my life...and that I always appreciate my family, my friends, my job...everything...that God has already given me up until this point in my life.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."
--Isaiah 55:8-9
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord.
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
Plans to give you a hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11
2 comments:
I'll pray for you, that you'll have the patience to continue to appreciate the now God has given and the faith to trust in the someday that He will provide.
OK, I like nice restaurants, but I never go... so, I'm curious: what exquisite course did you dine upon on that delightful evening?
Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it "exquisite"...I had catfish and sesame rice, with a "seasonal vegetable" (green beans- I think they must've been stir-fried), and something else I didn't touch...our waiter asked if we wanted wine beforehand (there were wine glasses on the table when we arrived)...the prices were very subtly put on the menu (I didn't realize they were even on there until it was pointed out to me later)...and they change up their menu all the time, so it's never the same menu when you come back. It was a very nice restaurant...
Post a Comment