Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Old Taurus

TIME Best Inventions 2006 (click for link)

"After 21 years and sales of nearly 7 million cars, Ford has announced that it will no longer make the Taurus, forcing many thirtysomethings to find a new way to show the world they've given up on their dreams." ~Amy Poehler, Time magazine, Nov. 6, 2006

My first car was an '88 Ford Taurus. It was the old family car and ran for many, many years, but after the steering went out on me as I was trying to leave class one afternoon, we sold it to a mechanic that lived down the road, and soon after, I started making payments on my current '98 Honda Accord. I'll finally be done with the payments in March- yah! (Oh, and by the way, that mechanic fixed up the Taurus and sold it to someone else soon afterwards-- I still see it be-boppin' down the road every now and then, lol.)

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom