Last year was a year of many significant changes for me:
~Until May of last year, the only states I'd visited outside of North Carolina were Virginia and South Carolina (and I've just barely crossed the border into Tennessee, but I don't think that really counts as visiting). In May, however, I went to a work conference in Montana (a looong ways from home) for a week. My first plane trip. First time I'd been away from my family for a week. (At 25, I realize that's rare, but what can I say? We're a really close-knit family.) It was a great experience...it opened my eyes to all the places I could travel to, explore, and, of course, take pictures of. :) (I'm going to Niagara Falls, Canada, this year for the same conference.)
~I "shifted" positions at work (which equaled more work, but same pay) in May. New little jobs seem to constantly be added to my position since then, so much so that many days I don't feel like it will all ever get done.
~The only boss I've ever known and worked for retired at the end of July (which invariably added more to my workload).
~After going to the same church (my parents' church) for the first 25 years of my life, I started trying out different churches in the area. I'm still not sure if I've found the perfect fit, though I enjoy where I'm going for now.
~I moved out from my parents' house at the end of October. I've said for years I wanted to try living on my own, and I finally decided it was time (with a little help from others...).
~After a year (or more, depending on who you ask) of dating, my boyfriend and I broke up. (Though it's safe to say the ending on that one is far from over...)
~My Papa died a week or so before Christmas. He was in his early 80's. He and my Grandma had been married over 50 years. He'd just had open heart surgery several months earlier, and had only been home since Thanksgiving. He fell, and there was alot of bleeding in the brain...it wasn't possible to reverse it all in time. It was the hardest time I've had staying at my apartment alone since moving in.
2008 was a crazy, stressful, eye-opening, and eventful year for me. Wonder what's in store for 2009? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment