I grew up in a house that didn't like change. Dealt with it when needed, but if not required, it was avoided if at all possible.
I was, and still am to a good degree, just like my dad in the don't-like-change department. There are many things I was always sure would be a certain way and nothing would change that.
Have you ever heard someone say that God laughs when we (try to) make plans? Or that God definitely has a sense of humor?
As a person as much against change as I once was, I married a person that was a complete opposite in that regard. Change is a way of life. Roll with the changes and punches. It is what it is. Things happen; deal with it. Don't sweat the small stuff-- it isn't worth it.
I've learned many things from dating and eventually marrying my fella. I've been resistant to things along the way, but I'm -- slowly-- learning to roll more with the punches and not get so uptight and worried and upset about the smaller things. And yes, adjust to change when it happens-- cause with this fella, it does happen a bit more than I was once used to. :)-
I love him so much in spite of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment