Sunday, October 09, 2011

Time to Catch Up

So...it's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted anything on this blog. As I blogged the last time there was a long gap between posts, I don't know who, if anyone, still reads this blog. Regardless, I've missed blogging-- writing in general-- and I've decided it's time to change that.

Many things have taken place since I last posted. I can't recall many mightily interesting things occurring during year 2009, so I'll skip ahead to 2010. The biggest change of my life so far occurred during year 2010-- I got married. And to none other than the fella I dated on and off and have spoken of many times previously in this blog. We got engaged in May 2010 and were married October 3, 2010. We just celebrated our one year anniversary last weekend. :) We dated for four or so years, and I was admittedly confused and unsure during much of the first few years, but he stuck with me and convinced me to spend the rest of my life with him, and I can't say that I've regretted one day since.
He once told me while we were dating that he'd be my first and last kiss. Very confident of him, I know, but if you knew him, you'd know that sounded just like something he'd say. We dated for a short time in high school, so he was my first kiss. And by golly, I can now say he'll be my last. :)

My wedding day was better than I could have ever hoped for-- beautiful weather, beautiful dress (strapless, lace-up corset dress with pickups that gave it an old-fashioned effect), and I couldn't stop smiling throughout. There were glitches here and there, of course-- my flower girl didn't make it to the ceremony, and I confused my husband into giving me the wrong hand to put his ring on-- but that happens with most weddings and it all worked out fine in the end. We spent about a week in the mountains with no cell phone reception or internet connection, and it was wonderful.

Within the month of October (2010) alone, I got married, moved, and got my first dog (our first dog together), a husky.

It was a whirlwind year, to put it mildly. But I loved (most) every minute of it. :)

*Photo Credit: Heather Giunta (friend, coworker, & photographer for my wedding)*

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom