Sunday, October 09, 2011

2011: the Year of Many Changes

In January, I took pictures for my sister-in-law's wedding--it was outside by the river; cold, but beautiful. In February, I spent a romantic, relaxing weekend away with my husband-- a random, sweet, and all-too-short getaway. In March, my husband changed jobs and we prepared to move about an hour away from the area we'd both grown up in and lived in for most of our lives (for me, all of my life). In April, while still working my full-time job, I packed and moved boxes on weekends, our husky Isabella in tow. Also in April, on my youngest sister's 21st birthday, not only did she get engaged, but I had my first wreck ever-- I rear-ended someone. As of the end of March, I knew I'd soon be leaving the place I'd worked for the past 9 years, and unfortunately my wreck solidified that decision. Too much time spent on the road in the morning and afternoon, too much gas, not enough time to get things done at home. So I began training others how to do the many things I did on a regular basis, and continued to do so until the end of June. June 30th was my last day. My husband felt that he was now earning enough to cover us both for awhile and hopefully give me time to start something I'd talked about for awhile but never knew if it'd ever happen-- a photography business. I'd been taking pictures on the side for people for a year or two but was wanting more and more to be able to do it on a more regular, official basis. At the end of May/beginning of June, we added to our pack-- another husky, Isabella's brother from another litter, Jake.
In August, we moved again. Easier this time (for the most part), since I was getting used to packing and moving things. This new place had more space and a bigger back yard for putting in a fence so the puppies could play. We really like this house-- we're renting it-- so I think we might actually stay in it for awhile (not to jinx anything...).
In September, I took pictures for my brother-in-law's wedding. I also became "official" as a photographer. So we'll see how it goes-- I've already had a few weddings and people that say they're wanting pictures done. Handing out business cards and getting my name out there right now.

I've also started up a few new blogs and updated my photography website:
Susan H. James Photography (http://sjames.zenfolio.com)
A Photographer's Blog (http://shjphotographer.blogspot.com)
A Tale of Two Huskies (http://taleoftwohuskies.blogspot.com)
--Please, check out the websites and let me know what you think! You can also access these links under My Other Websites, located on the sidebar of this blog.

It has been a busy year-- busier than 2010, if possible-- but it's been a real good one. :)

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom