Monday, January 23, 2012

Lately

Lately, finances have been REALLY tight. Alot tighter than they've ever been, and alot tighter than I'm comfortable with.

Lately, I've been applying for countless part-time and full-time jobs, in an effort to supplement the very slow start I've had so far with my photography business as well as to help out my husband's income. I know in a month or two we should be close to normal again, but right now I need to do something-- anything really-- to make some extra money.

Lately, I've been praying harder about what path God would have me follow, and trying to discern His will in all this mess.

Lately, I've been thinking more and more about trying to open an Etsy shop using my photography. Think I might check out that Etsy book from the library again and give it a more thorough look this time...

Lately, some of the smallest-seeming things can just make my day. Like a grocery store cashier pointing out additional coupons I could use to make my grocery bill less. And stocking up on chicken noodle soup -- a new favorite snack/meal of mine -- when it's on a really good sale and having a coupon to make it even cheaper. :)

Lately, I've been introduced to, and have subsequently become addicted to, Pinterest. A neat way to "pin" photos/photo ideas I like and keep them in one place, whether it be for crafts, clothes, places to see, or -- my favorite of all -- ideas for the home. I'm also slowly using it as another way to showcase some -- though not very much at this point -- of my photography.


Despite all that's going on lately, I still find myself looking up...Some days I do teeter on the edge of uncertainty and frustration, but most days I feel certain that things will work themselves out better than I could have hoped-- just not sure when that time is...

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom