"The truth will set you free..."
Not sure where the saying came from, but it's never been more true. I told my mom the truth tonight. About everything. So if I've burnt bridges with others because of it, so be it. It's all out, and I've never felt better about it. Now I wish I'd done it sooner. I didn't really mind telling my mom, after all this time...but I don't plan on being around when my mom tells my dad. Not that he'll actually do anything, but what he may say, or think...I may not always agree with my dad about things, especially when it comes to dating, but I still respect him and his opinions nonetheless. It bothers me to lessen my mom's opinion of someone, especially if I (or she) thought alot of them, and I really hate to lessen my dad's opinion of someone, especially after he admits that he trusts them or thinks alot of them. But as my mom said tonight, sometimes people change. For the better, or for the worse. The only thing you can do is pray about it, and how you're going to handle it. So I'll continue to pray, as I've been doing all this time, that things will continue to get better...for me, yes, but also for the situation. I've become alot stronger through all this...and others have seen that, too. And I'll continue to become stronger with all that gets thrown my way. God won't give me more than I can handle...that much I know.
However, as a friend of mine said tonight, it's come time to settle this. The question is how...
No comments:
Post a Comment