Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Class of 2005

I finally made it!! After all the papers, presentations, projects, homework, and lectures- not to mention the tears, major headaches and really late nights- graduation finally came. Bright and early Monday morning, May 9th, 2005, I graduated cum laude with a Bachelor in Business Administration...'course, I would have liked to have graduated magna cum laude, but anyways...my whole family got sunburned (myself included...the right side of my face only- how lovely, lol) during the two and a half hour ceremony. They took plenty of pictures during the ceremony (not sure how many we'll actually be able to distinguish as me in them, lol) and I made sure to take several pictures afterwards. Hopefully they'll all turn out...it isn't every day a person graduates, after all... :)-
The weekend leading up to graduation was so crazy...I shopped with my mom and sisters in Cary all day Saturday and had a wonderful time...we got lost once, for about 5 or so minutes, but other than that, the trip was a success, lol...I talked to Joe for a short time Saturday afternoon while we were out shopping...neither of us had alot to say since we'd just talked the day before, though...my family picked up a pizza on the way back- one of my sisters went in to get it because I was afraid of running into Sam...I'm such a chicken, lol...
The Baccalaurate Service was Sunday morning in Turner Auditorium...the speaker was really good, pretty funny...I had an interesting moment with a fellow graduate during (and right after) the benediction, lol...still not sure what that was all about...went out to eat with my family at the Mandarin House afterwards ("Good news will be brought to you by mail." ~fortune cookie), then headed back to Campbell for the President's Reception, where we got to shake Dr. Wallace's hand (Campbell's president). Whoop-de-doo. Not really the kind of reception I was expecting.

And as if graduating on Monday wasn't exciting enough...today at work, we had a feast (and I mean a feast) at lunch in honor of my graduation...home-made lasagna made by one of my Italian co-workers, chicken casserole, scalloped corn casserole, salads, breads, banana pudding and, of course, cake, made by one of my favorite co-workers. There were other things, too, but I can't remember everything we had- I couldn't get around to eating it all. Everyone was stuffed afterwards...we all agreed that we needed to celebrate things more often, lol. One of my co-workers bought me some pretty earrings, and a couple of others went in together to get me a [very generous] gift card to Belk. I couldn't have felt any more loved today...
I've got to start working on thank-you notes...the money and cards keep coming in, lol...

Lord, thank you for all the many blessings you've given me...my family and friends...my co-workers...and all the people I've had a chance to meet and come into contact with so far...I can't wait to see what the future holds... :)

No comments:

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom