Well, the last couple of days have been kinda interesting, I guess you could say...Saturday afternoon I went and helped with my church's VBS kickoff....afterwards I felt really giddy, so I ended up dancing around my room like crazy, singing to some of my favorite CDs as hard as I could...I don't really know why I was in such a good mood...I told Heather that if the conditions had been just right, I'd probably have been dancing on tabletops, lol...
Sunday I was still giddy, and met Heather early at the cabin to play some b-ball...it was rainin kinda heavy for awhile, so we sat around and talked...once the rain died down a bit, we went out and played ball...we were having a great time talking and playing around, until I misstepped...and rolled onto my ankle...I went down instantly, and if Joey hadn't kept saying that I needed to start walking around on it, I'd probably have stayed on the ground for awhile...we went in for Bible Study right after that, then went back out and played some more b-ball...my ankle didn't bother me that bad, at that point...when I got home, I showered, then iced it up, per "Dr. Hancock's" orders, lol...totally forgot to eat anything for supper till my mom mentioned it after she got back from VBS later on that night...got online and chatted awhile, trying to keep my mind off my swelling ankle...I propped it up overnight, but didn't ice it while I slept...it hurt real bad Monday morning, and when I tried to move it from being propped up to down on the floor, I about passed out from the pain, literally...I knew then that I probably wasn't going to be able to go to work...and I didn't...took sick leave yesterday and today...we'll see if I'll have to take it again tomorrow...went to the doctor Monday afternoon and he confirmed that my ankle was sprained...I've never had a sprained ankle...a sprained or broken anything, for that matter...guess there's a first time for everything, huh...I've gotten in some good reading time and finally started scrapbooking...watched some movies that I bought last week...can't do but so much with a propped up, iced up, sometimes wrapped up ankle...
I didn't get to see Joe on Monday...he called me up as I was leaving the doctor's office and said he'd tried to stop by to see me at work, then realized I wasn't there...he'd brought me cake-batter ice cream...said he guessed he'd have to give it to somebody else, lol...ah well, better luck next time...
My dad finally saw the bruise I got from playing softball several weeks ago...it's almost gone, but evidently still visible enough for people to notice...when he realized where it came from, he made the comment that maybe I shouldn't try to be so athletic, or play sports so much, something to that effect...I was wondering when I'd hear that...
I've only been stuck at home for two days, but I already feel restless and cooped up...my arms are so tired from using a crutch(es), and from going up and down the stairs, from my bedroom to the den...I'm even tired of being waited on...no more rainy day b-ball for me....unless I get to feelin' risky again, lol...
Sometimes I wish I wasn't always taken so seriously...I guess it's mostly my own fault because of the way I act and talk about stuff...I mean, I do want to be taken seriously, but I guess what I really mean to say is that I wish people thought of me more often when they want to go do stuff...I may not always agree to go, or may not even be allowed to, but still...sometimes I can't help but feel left out...like I said, most of it's my own fault, and I know I'm not going to be asked to do certain things because people know how I feel about it...or, at least, they assume they know what I think about it...we all get misunderstood at times...just another fact of life...
"In every journey, there is meaning.
In every conflict, there is growth.
In every action, there is purpose.
In every moment of doubt, remember to believe in yourself."
~Author unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment