Thursday, April 13, 2006

Christian One Liners

Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisors.

It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.

Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.

God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?

Some minds are like concrete --thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

Peace starts with a smile.

Be ye fishers of men. You catch them - He'll clean them.

Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.

I know, I know, yet another forward-- I'm so unoriginal. But if you think about each of these, they really are true statements. The last one still has me thinking a little, though.
Any comments, opinions, thoughts on the last statement? (Or on any of them?)

1 comment:

Mike said...

I like the last one very much, because I'm a big believer in attaching words to things we don't understand ("coincidence" and "luck" spring immediately to mind; sometimes I feel safer with those than "providence" which in and of itself reminds me that God is in charge. Coincidence as divine anonymity.. cool. Thanks for the thought.

Oh, I also really like the concrete analogy... that is so Very True (sadly in my own case...)

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom