"From now on, I am going to grab the good times with both arms. I am going to walk outside and feel the sun on my face and learn to laugh, really laugh again. Most of all, I'm going to take the love that comes my way and hold on to it for dear life. Sometimes we don't need new scenery, just new eyes." ~ Dawn Miller
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
What About Me?
There's way too many people my age getting married this summer. I keep seeing engagement and wedding announcements in the paper, announcing the May/June/July/August weddings, and it's just making me a bit depressed. I don't want to get married right now, but it would be kinda nice to have somebody to date, every now and then at least, you know? Most days it's all good, don't get me wrong-- being single can have its perks. But when I keep seeing announcements in the paper...all these people I grew up with and went to school with...I get kinda lonely feeling. How come I can't have somebody, too? Sometimes it's hard to remind myself that God knows what He's doing, and that I need to wait on His timing...I'm just a little frustrated at the moment is all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future only he can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom
3 comments:
AMEN!!! I get that feeling all the time...and its even worse when i hear about people YOUNGER than me who are getting married and stuff. Makes me feel like something is wrong with me sometimes.
I guess the thing to focus on is that right here right now, if you were dating someone he would be the wrong one and you would end up with an unnecessarily broken heart. (Or some similar scenario)
I spent some time thinking today on what your talking about and I get your delma in a way. I mean you want to be happy where you are but it isn't very easy to be, when other stuff around you is constantly reminding you of what you don't have. Sucks to think how mankind put ourselves in the postion, when we could of had it so easy, stupid eve. Thats the true reason I am sexist, lol jk. Anyways I also wanted to let you know I did make a journal.
http://www.blurty.com/users/javy9656/
check it out if you have time
Post a Comment